Get your laugh on!!!
In Uncategorized on March 1, 2013 at 5:49 AM
This week was a tough one to get through but God is so good and I have so much to be thankful for. One of my good friends is also one of my most joyous friends; this girl can make you laugh at any given moment and in the most awkward times. Not on purpose, but because she is funny and she doesn’t realize how hilarious she can be. She literally and figuratively walks out in the joy of the Lord. Her circumstances warrant, fear, sadness, depression…but she know who she is and whose she is in Christ, so she has no fear of the future. Her Heavenly Father is for her then nothing and no one can be against her. God has given me joy in-spite of my storms, gladness in-spite of pain and above all LAUGHTER in-spite of the tears!!! Laughter
is the best medicine and this is why I like to end my blog week with Funny Fridays. After a couple of long, hard work days its good to sit back, relax and just laugh.
- Proverbs 17: 22 states, “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones”
- Psalm 126: 2 says, “Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy…”
- Job 8:21 “He will yet fill your mouth with laughter…”
- Proverbs 31:25 “Strength and dignity are her clothing, she laughs with no fear of the future.”
According to researchers, laughter could be just what the doctor ordered when it comes to coping with life’s stresses. It’s been proven that laughter:
- Relaxes muscles
- Lowers blood pressure
- Eases mental tension
- Reduces levels of hormones that trigger the stress responses and suppress immunity
- Releases endorphins, the same stress reducers triggered by exercise
- Laughter is beneficial for improving one’s perspective on life.
Yesterday’s blog “APPROVED,” was tough and I really a needed a good laugh. This comedian performed at my church about a month ago. He is hilarious! His name is Tim Hawkins
, in this 2 minute clip, he will teach you the fine art of church hand raising. Enjoy!!!
Have a blessed weekend, see you Monday.