Water!!! I hated drinking water and would opt for anything else but water to drink. Once again another secret the diet industry tries to get you on. Diet sodas, diet teas, diet…die with a “t”. This stuff is killing us and we continue to ignore the provisions of God. We have been given everything we need to sustain us and live healthy.
Just released yesterday: “A new National Institutes of Health study found that soda drinkers — particularly those who chose artificially sweetened diet sodas — were more likely to be diagnosed with depression than those who didn’t drink sweetened beverages. The study doesn’t show that soda causes depression, but the link was strong enough to make researchers take note
Interestingly, diet sodas, fruit punches and iced teas showed a stronger link to depression than the non-diet drinks. Those who drank diet sodas had a 31 percent greater risk of depression than non-soda drinkers, compared to a 22 percent greater risk for those who drank regular sodas. Diet fruit punch drinkers fared even worse — a 51 percent greater risk compared to those who didn’t touch the stuff.
If you didn’t get a chance please read yesterday’s blog on sugar and its addictive properties compared to cocaine and heroin!
Water is the ONLY DRINK GOD gave us. We don’t have to do anything to get it. Unlike juice, tea, coffee, etc. where we have to squeeze, crush or grind something to get the drink. He gave us water to drink, so I began to question…Why? Below you will see some of the benefits of water, you will be amazed at the importance of the only drink from our God!
- Lubricating. All of your muscles and joints need moisture and cushioning to work properly and avoid creating too much friction within the body. After you drink water, your cells absorb and allocate the water to plump up membrane, muscles, and cartilage.
- Transporting. Water is your body’s carrier service, whisking nutrients to where we need them. When we take in more resources than we need, or have any toxins in the body, water carries the waste out through sweat or urine. Water is like our own personal cleaning service, too!
- Replenishing. Especially in the heat of summer, your body loses a lot of water through sweating, digestion, and even breathing. Keep drinking to stay in tip-top shape!
- If that’s not enough to convince you, here are some more great benefits of getting your daily dose of H2O.
- Get great skin. Not only does drinking water help keep your skin moisturized, but water also plumps the skin to fill out wrinkles. Splashing your face with cold water can help shrink pores, too! I’m turning 50 in June, I have never really used moisturizer or any type of facial creams but I do drink a lot of water and my skin is very youthful looking and healthy.
- Lose weight. Drink water first when you think you’re hungry for a snack – sometimes all you needed was a little hydration!
- Relieve aches and pains. Many times, headaches and other pains are just the result of dehydration!
- Boost brainpower and mood. A hydrated brain is a sharp and happy brain!
- Energize. Without enough water to transport nutrients within the body, other systems have to pick up the slack and work even harder. This can leave you feeling pretty sluggish, so fill up that water bottle again and get chugging!
What is the right amount of water to drink? We are of different height and weight, to say there is a one size fits all portion is not correct. I’m sure you’ve heard 8:8 o. of water a day. Well, I’m here to tell you no. I am 5’7″ and weigh 150 lbs one of my friends is 5′ and weighs 110 lbs to say that we both should drink 64 oz a day, is not feasible. Here’s is a more accurate measure, take your body weight, divide that in half and drink that in ounces of water. For example; I am 150 lbs divide that by 2 and it equals 75 oz of water per day. She weighs 110 lbs so she should be drinking 55 oz of water a day. I am pretty athletic so I take in a little more than my recommended 75 oz but it won’t hurt me.
“Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, ‘Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food and treat your servants in accordance with what you see’. At the end of the ten days, they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food.” (Da 1:11-13, 15)
That would seem to indicate that water was the healthiest drink available in biblical times just as clean water is now. If you don’t like plain water there are plenty of ways to make it interesting enough to drink; add fruit, add cucumber, honey, etc.
My challenge for you today is to exchange your sugary drinks, diet drinks, juice, etc. for water. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my morning cup of coffee. After my coffee, I drink water the rest of the day. My hair, skin and waist have all benefited from the change. Try to get one full glass of water in today and build on that, you will be headed in the right direction. If you only do this and nothing else you stand to lose 15 lbs. in one year. I have given you two secrets the diet industry doesn’t want you to know. Remember they are a multi-billion dollar industry preying on your ignorance, to them a wise consumer is a dangerous consumer. You may really understand the simplicity of this and act on it, realizing you don’t need them to lose the extra weight and get healthy using…how? By using simple Biblical principles. So just following these two minor changes in your everyday activities you stand to lose 45 lbs. in a year. So far all you did was give up white sugar and drink water. But I’m not done. Tomorrow we’ll get to the “meat and potatoes” of the diet industry. This is really going to stir you up!
My plan for this week is to KISS you into a healthy lifestyle:
Keeping It Simple & Straightforward!