This entire week has been dedicated to making healthy choices.The diet industry is a multi-billion dollar industry…WHY? The thrive on your ignorance. The past 4 days I have posted information that they hope you will never fully come to grasp because if you do…YOU MIGHT STOP LOOKING FOR THE MAGIC PILL/DIET! Everyday I challenged you to make a simple change in your meal choices and activity level. I KEPT IT SIMPLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD. I put my challenge to the test approximately 8-weeks ago. I don’t believe in writing some advice if I can’t “practice what I preach.”
- Monday’s challenge: Give up white sugar
- Tuesday’s challenge: Exchange your sugary drinks, diet drinks, juice, etc. for water.
- Wednesday’s challenge: Research food and its effect on your system: combine one. Click on God’s Pharmacy it will amaze you.
- Thursday’s Challenge: Get moving in whatever way you can. Build the muscles you have forgotten, they are the same muscles you will call upon as you age but they won’t be there because you chose to let them go. My son says it best, “Train insane or remain the same.” Do one thing right, and many other good things will follow. That’s why I believe in simplicity. I’ve found that most diet and workout programs try to do too much at once.
- Friday’s Challenge: Put it all into action…”Proof is in the puddin'” pictures! Take pics you will be amazed at the transformation.
- Last Challenge: Keep a journal of exercises you’ve completed and your food intake. As your progress you will begin to feel accomplished. .
- Remember: YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS WHO STRENGTHENS YOU! Philippians 4:13
I am not giving you a magic pill or diet. I am simply confirming information you already know. This is the “secret” the diet industry doesn’t what you to comprehend. YOU ALREADY HAVE ALL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFULLY HEALTHY! Is it going to be easy, absolutely not. Anything having, is worth fighting for…you are worth the fight. Read and reread this week’s blogs, make copies. Its going to completely change your mind, behaviors and body. My prayer is that you understand there will be obstacles, distractions and temptation, but transform them into the energy of strength. In my before photos, I weighed 155 pounds and was in a size 15-16. I now weigh 150 pounds and in a size 8. That means I dropped almost 6 dress sizes but only lost 5 pounds. DO THE MATH…I mean inches.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body,” (1 Cor. 6:19-20). Honor yourself with promises that you will finish what you have started. Embrace the challenges and harness the power to get healthy. Focus on progress not perfection in order to build confidence. Don’t weigh yourself everyday get your intital weight then invest in a $1.00 tape measure and measure yourself instead. Losing inches is a more accurate way of knowing you are going in the right direction. I believe in simplicity. I’ve found that most diet and workout programs try to do too much at once. Do one thing right, and many other good things will follow.
God wants you to be healthy: 3 John 1:2, “Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.”
My sister Liz has lost 90 pounds in 6 months: no gimmicks, sugar, magic pills or diet; she is KEEPING IT SIMPLE & STRAIGHTFORWARD.
By the way I usually end my blog week with something funny..if my before pics don’t get you laughing, zoom in on my face. LMFO – Laughing My Fat Off!!!
Have a great weekend!
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/ldZzKUS22sI” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>