Today, I challenge you to stop doing the one thing that I know you do at some point throughout the day…What is that? Negative self-talk!!! Instead of complaining and giving into feelings and thoughts of defeat, depression and disillusionment, LEARN to speak life over yourself. Why? Because there will be times in life when you’ll go through uncomfortable and hard situations. And if you don’t begin speaking God’s word over your life, you’ll feel drained, depleted and distressed. I know this to be true in my personal learning journey. Begin today, right here, right now…stop speaking words of defeat and start speaking life into EVERY situation, no matter what you see in the natural. Begin saying what God says about you…start seeing as He sees. Tell yourself that God has great things in store for you; He’s going to make you the head and not the tail. (Deut. 28:13) Below is a list of my own affirmations, take one and claim it over your situation and then begin to compile your own list. Keep it next to your bed, then claim them every night before you sleep and every morning upon waking. You will begin to feel differently, walk differently, and know that you know that God is working in you favor.
I am a child of God. (John 1:12). I am not my biological father’s rejection.
• I am a branch of the true vine, and a conduit of Christ’s life. (John 15:1, 5).
He tells me that He is the vine and I am a branch, so apart from Jesus I can accomplish nothing.
• I am a friend of Jesus. (John 15:15)
When all else failed and I had no one to turn to He was always there waiting for me with opened arms.
• I have been justified and redeemed. (Romans 3:24)
Jesus justified me freely by His grace, so my past is exactly that…done and over with, I do not live there anymore so why relive it in my mind.
• My old self was crucified with Christ, and I am no longer a slave to sin. (Romans 6:6)
I am not my molestation. I am not my abusive relationship. I am not my betrayal. I am His Princess Warrior covered in the righteousness of Christ.
• I will not be condemned by God. (Romans 8:1)
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, people will try to condemn our actions but they are not my judge because only God can judge ME!
• I have been set free from the law of sin and death.(Romans 8:2)
Through His death I have been ransomed, paid in full and I’m free to be loved.
• As a child of God, I am a fellow heir with Christ. (Romans 8:17)
My biological father chose to walk away from my life, he does not validate who I am because I am an heiress.
• I have been accepted by Christ. (Romans 15:7)
Not because I love but because He first loved me. His grace is sufficient.
• In Christ Jesus, I have wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. (1 Corinthians 1:30)
God has given me all that I need and has blessed me beyond measure.
• My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who dwells in me. (1 Corinthians 6:19)
As temples we are to take care of ourselves; mind, body and soul. This is why I stress get healthy and study to show that God approves of you, He will meet you right where you are and walk the rest of the way with you.
• God leads me in the triumph and knowledge of Christ. (2 Corinthians 2:14)
My mess has become my message, my tests my testimony and in my disappointments I have received HIS-appointments.
• The hardening of my mind has been removed in Christ. (2 Corinthians 3:14)
I hardened my mind for a very long time after so many physical and emotional injuries.
• I am a new creature in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
In Christ I found my voice, I found my true authentic self.
• I have become the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
Jesus took everything to the cross and if He had to do it only for me He would have and in Him I have been made righteous.
• I am chosen, holy, and blameless before God. (Ephesians 1:4)
For he chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world that we may be holy and unblemished in his sight in love…just as I am!
• Because of God’s mercy and love, I have been made alive with Christ. (Ephesians 2:4-5)
By His grace I live and in His death and resurrection I am set free!
• I am God’s workmanship created to produce good works.(Ephesians 2:10)
My DNA is of God, I am His workmanship thus I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
…a Princess Warrior covered in the righteousness of Christ
• I have boldness and confident access to God through faith in Christ. (Ephesians 3:12)
Because of Jesus’ faithfulness I walk boldly and confidently in my walk.
• The peace of God guards my heart and mind.(Philippians 4:7)
I have a peace that surpasses all understanding and guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
• God supplies all my needs. (Philippians 4:19)
He supplies all my needs; that does not mean all my wants.
• I have been made complete in Christ.(Colossians 2:10)
He completes me.
• My life is hidden with Christ in God.(Colossians 3:3)
My life is in His hands and in His hands I am safe.
• I have been chosen of God, and I am holy and beloved. (Colossians 3:12)
Through his love I am clothed with a heart of mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience … .
God loves me and has chosen me…just as I am…and Hell trembles because I know this!
- What are you saying about yourself?
- How can you use the Word of God to counter those words?
- What if your friend said the very negative things to you that you say to yourself?
- What step can you take today to stop the negative and increase the positive? Speak life!!!
Keeping it Simple and Straightforward