You biggest obstacle lies between your ears…your own natural intelligence, a.k.a human reasoning. When your mind says, its impossible; God says, “I’m possible.” Your perception of God is key to your day-to-day battle between the ears. Our perception warps, twists and darkens our perspective because we just don’t see God. The real battle of your life is in your head, it’s not in your circumstance. Your battleground is not a geographical location, it’s not your debt, it’s not your past, it’s not what people did or say about you that matters!!! It is what you say and think about yourself that holds you back and threatens your destiny!
According to Merriam Webster reason is defined as a statement or fact that explains why something is the way it is, why someone does, thinks, or says something, or why someone behaves a certain way. Our human reasoning tells us why we “think” and “understand” in a logical way. Consequently, it also the reason why we believe God can’t use us: too old, too young, not qualified, I’ve done wrong, I’ve been wronged, I’m not ready, I have this issue and that issue, etc. Thank God the Bible is filled with characters that were beyond our perception of what God could use. It was through these people of the Bible that the impossible became I’M POSSIBLE:
- Jacob a cheater
- David had an affair
- Joseph sold into slavery
- Jonah ran from God’s calling
- Moses stuttered
- Abraham and Sarah too old
- Gideon a coward
- Paul a murderer
- Miriam was a gossip
- Martha a perfectionist/worrier
- Peter had a nasty temper
- Rahab a prostitute
- Lazarus dead
Human reasoning says, “NO!” But my God says, “YES!”
I fight this battle every time I pick up a pencil to write, human reasoning tells me “Why would anyone read this?” But God has commissioned me to write and so in obedience I write. It has been through my writing that I have released some of my greatest pains and struggles. Far too long I focused on my abuses, pain, abusers, rejection, abandonment and I couldn’t see God in the midst. As I began to seek answers for “Why me?” I began to write and I always winded up at the cross. I believe, this is where the ultimate battle of human reasoning took place. Christ at the garden asking for the cross to be removed. He didn’t want to go through the pain, the horror of the torture, being forsaken by his father, the battle between his ears said I CAN’T! It is then, in our weakness God is made strong and it is at that very point the greatest gift to humanity was bestowed…unconditional love and adoption.
As I drew closer to Christ and meditate on His word I began to fully grasp who I am and whose I am. I began to speak the promises of God over my life, out loud and trusted the Word as my source of love, life and strength. Human reasoning says, “Give up.” God says, “Give me, what has been meant to harm you and I WILL turn it for good.” Listen to what God is saying to you today:
- Who are you? Galatians 4:7, You are now fully adopted as his own children because God sent the Spirit of his Son into our lives crying out,
“Papa! Father!” Doesn’t that privilege of intimate conversation with God make it plain that you are not a slave, but a child? And if you are a child, you’re also an heir, with complete access to the inheritance.
- Whose you are? 1 John 3:1, What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it—we’re called children of God! That’s who we really are. But that’s also why the world doesn’t recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he’s up to.
- What God your Father has done for you? Ephesians 1:7-12,Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we’re a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making. He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth. It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
- Why you have His love, power, authority, permission and commission? Titus 3: 5-8, It wasn’t so long ago that we ourselves were stupid and stubborn, going around with a chip on our shoulder, hated and hating back. But when God, stepped in, he saved us from all that. It was all his doing; we had nothing to do with it. He gave us, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit. Our Savior Jesus poured out new life so generously. God’s gift has restored our relationship with him and given us back our lives. And there’s more life to come—an eternity of life! (Rejection Exposed by Anthony Hulsebus)
I wish I could tell you that I don’t fight this battle anymore, but in all honesty…I do. I fought to write this, overcoming is doing whatever reasoning says you can’t…and you do! Your battleground is not a geographical location, it’s not your debt, it’s not your past, it’s not what people did or say about you that matters!!! It is what you say and think about yourself that holds you back and threatens your destiny! (I had to repeat this because I really want you to fully absorb the magnitude of those words.)
- What dream have you been putting off for “someday?”
- What negative self-talk is happening between your ears that is keeping you from taking the next right step toward your dream?
- What positive thoughts will overcome that negative thinking?
- What is one specific thing you can do now to get you moving forward?
Keeping It Simple & Straightforward